Stephanie L. Tigue - Family Lawyer
Prior to opening Tigue Law, I was a criminal prosecutor in the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office for 7 years. I prosecuted domestic violence assault and stalking cases, PFA contempts, white collar crime, theft and fraud cases, drug cases, robberies, burglaries, and other violent and non-violent crimes. I also wrote legal briefs and argued cases before the Pennsylvania Superior Court. Prior to working for the DA’s Office, I gained experience in a law firm environment researching and litigating unique issues of law in personal injury cases. Today, my practice is dedicated to helping people in need of legal services concerning family law, protection from abuse (PFA/PFI/SVPO) and criminal defense - areas that require an intimate knowledge of the law, as well as an in depth understanding of how my clients are personally affected by their cases.
My family law clients are typically experiencing changes to family structure that involve divorce and child custody, and are dealing with complicated uses such as division of martial assets (Equitable Distribution), and Support (Spousal Support/Alimony or Child Support). In some cases, domestic violence is an issue, and protection from abuse orders are necessary. I aggressively fight for my clients and ensure that their rights are protected.
Furthermore, nothing influences a family quite like criminal charges. My experience as a former prosecutor has given me a comprehensive understanding of the criminal court system and recognition that substance abuse or mental health issues warrant rehabilitative measures. I will help my clients address their issues and choose the best strategy for resolving the criminal charges brought against them.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law Services
- Divorce and Custody
- DUI/Criminal Defense
- Protective Orders- Civil and Criminal Cases
- Juvenile Cases
- Estate Planning
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2004
- Law Review: Pittsburgh Journal of Technology Law & Policy, Research Editor, 2002 - 2004
- University of Pittsburgh, Katz Graduate School of Business, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. - 2004
- State University of New York Geneseo, Geneseo, New York
- Major: Psychology
- Forgery in Cyberspace: The Spoof could be on you!, 5 PGH J.Tech.L. & Pol'y 2, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo
- 2018 10 Best Family Law Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lackawanna Bar Association, 2007 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2014 - Present
- Domestic Violence Task Force, 2008 - 2014
- Leadership Lackawanna, 2011 Graduate
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018 to Present
- National Business Institute, 2018 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Lackawanna County District Attorney's Office , Assistant District Attorney, 2007 - 2014
- Abrahamsen, Moran & Conaboy, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2006 - 2007
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Representation , 2006 - 2007
- Alpha Omega Pi
Guardian ad Litems (“GALs”) represent the interests of children in custody matters. The GAL is an attorney who is appointed as an officer of the Court to conduct an inquiry of the family with a focus on the best interests of the children. Stephanie L. Tigue, Esquire has been representing the interests of children in custody matters in Lackawanna County since 2014.
Working With Me
My experience as a trial lawyer has made me effective in preparing and presenting persuasive arguments. I have a proven ability to present my clients’ cases clearly through effective research, dedication, integrity, and passion. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to review your case and to answer your legal questions. Schedule a free initial consultation online or by telephone at 570-344-7071. My office is located in Archbald, Pennsylvania, and I work with clients throughout Lackawanna, Luzerne, and surrounding NEPA Counties.